Sometimes I have stuff to say that doesn't quite fit into a song. Here's a selection of op-eds and articles I've published.
- TIME Magazine: "President Obama Should Shut Down the NSA's Mass Spying Before it's too Late"
- Newsweek: "Why Chelsea Manning's Release Will Make Us All Safer."
- The Guardian, co-written with Tom Morello of Rage Against the Machine and actress Evangeline Lilly: "The TPP wasn't killed by Donald Trump - our protests worked."
- Huffington Post: "President Obama is Not My Ally"
- Vice, co-written with Victoria Ruiz of Downtown Boys: "If you care about LGBTQ lives, you should oppose the FBI on iPhone encryption."
- The Advocate: "The Women's March Was Powerful, But It Left Trans Women Behind." (See the Women's March organizers' awesome response here.)
- The Guardian: "The clock is ticking on a time bomb that could blow up the free Internet: the TPP"
- Huffington Post: "12 Freedom Fighting Bands to Get You Through the Trump Years"
- Boston Globe: "Boston Police should be blocked from buying new surveillance tools."
Vice: "The TPP is dead, and that's good for Internet freedom"
- Dig Boston: "Boston Police social media monitoring plan endangers us all."
- Huffington Post: "Sanders Snowden Response Proves He Doesn't Want A 'Revolution'"
- The Hill: "CISA: the dirty deal between Google and the NSA that no one is talking about."
- The Guardian: "The Trans-Pacific Partnership suggests Obama has no sense of irony"
- Huffington Post: "Chelsea Manning is Running Out of Time"
- The Guardian: "How the USA Freedom Act failed on all fronts."
- Medium: "We toured Europe with two bands and three kids and lived to tell the tale."
- The Guardian: "I fought for Chelsea Manning because she stood up for all trans people"